News & Notes
Welcome to the Mason Middle School website. The News & Notes section serves as a bulletin board to post activity notices in a timely fashion. In addition to this information, please visit our website links to the left for calendar events and other information.
MIDDLE SCHOOL TRACK MEET CANCELLED
This afternoon's track meet against Eaton Rapids has been cancelled due to inclement weather. There wil be no track practice this afternoon. The Eaton Rapids track meet will be rescheduled as part of a Tri-meet against BC Lakeview and Eaton Rapids on Monday, May 11th at Mason High School.
6th GRADE TRANSITION AND SCHEDULING INFORMATION
Incoming 6th grade students and parents - Please use the information and files found below to help inform your decisions regarding the transition to the middle school. We look forward to having our incoming 6th graders visit the middle school this spring. Please give the office a call if you have any specific questions that are not addressed within the letter and files found below. See you this spring!
|Principals Letter To 5th Grade Parents||Teacher Request Form|
|Schedule Timeline-Transition||6th Grade Curriculum Guide 2015|
|Student Services Office||Pawprints Newsletter|
7th / 8th GRADE TEACHER REQUEST FORMS
The following links will allow you to make teacher requests for your son or daughter for the 2015/2016 school year.
INGHAM ISD 2015 SUMMER CAMPS
The Capital Area Career Center (CACC) is pleased to offer a variety of summer camp options for students in grades 6th-10th. Some of the camps being offered are: Photography, construction, culinary, robotics, and more. Please click here for more information.
NEW IMMUNIZATIONS REQUIRED FOR 2014-2015
The following new immunization requirements that your student may need, have to be provided in writing from the doctor to our Student Services office by Friday, September 26, 2014 so we can provide them on time to the Michigan Department of Community Health:
1. Required for all children 11-18 years of age:
• Two (2) doses of varicella (Var) vaccine or proof of history of chickenpox disease in writing from parent or on immunization card
• One (1) dose of meningococcal (MCV4)
• One (1) dose of tetanus/diphtheria/acellular pettussis (Tdap) vaccine
(If 5 years have passed since their last dose of tetanus/diphtheria vaccine – DtaP, Td or DT)
Your child may have had all required immunizations at the time of entry into kindergarten however, the meningococcal vaccine and second dose of varicella were not mandatory at the time. Please review your child’s immunization record with your health care provider to ensure that your child meets all immunization requirements. Please send the updated immunization record to your child’s current school as soon as possible.
Teacher Website Directory
Find out what homework your child has due, what project they may be working on, materials they should be reading, and more! Please check out our teachers’ self-created websites for their classrooms: Go to Mason Public Schools website, then to the Middle School page and click on the Staff Directory. Next to each of your child’s teacher’s name, you can then click on “website.” This will bring up each individual teacher’s website showing upcoming projects due, homework assignments, and more!
In an effort to conserve paper costs, future MMS newsletter will be announced by e-mail and phone message via the Honeywell Alert System and distributed through email.
The late bus is available everyday except for on Wednesday for students who need to stay after school to work with their teacher(s). Students must sign up with the teacher they are staying with by 12:30 p.m. Students need to be out front of the Middle School by 3:15 p.m. There are three busses to take students to the elementary schools, where they will take a transfer bus to their usual stop. For more information please call the Middle School at 676-6514.
Cell Phones/Personal Electronic Devices
Students may possess cell phones or personal electronic devices (PEDs) in school, on school property, at after-school activities and at school-related functions according to the following guidelines:
1. The use of cell phones/personal electronic devices is encouraged to fulfill academic requirements at the express and explicit direction of the teacher. In addition, these devices may be used before and after school. Use of these devices shall not interfere with classroom instruction and/or violate acceptable social media behavior. If these devices are used inappropriately, they will be confiscated and turned into the office.
2. Student use of cameras or the camera/video function of cell phones or PEDs is strictly prohibited in locker rooms, dressing rooms or restrooms in Mason Public Schools including any location where a school activity or an athletic event is occurring.
3. Students may not use cell phones or PEDs during lunch periods or passing times. If a student is found to be using his/her cell phone during this time, he/she will be asked to turn the device off and place it in his/her pocket. If the student refuses to follow the staff member’s instructions, the cell phone or PED will be confiscated for the remainder of the day.
4. All use of cell phones or PEDs must comply with the Ethical Use of Computer Technology. (See page 21.)
5. Laser Pointers and other electronic games are not permitted without the express permission of the administration.
Pupil Transportation Handbooks
For a copy of the district's Pupil Transportation Handbook, please click here. If you have any questions regarding the content of this handbook, contact the Transportation Department at 676-6496.
To View The Completed Safety Drills For Mason Middle School Click Here.
Ph: 517.676.6514 . FAX: 517.676.0287